Andrew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Steve Summit <s...@eskimo.com> wrote:
>> Sometime between yesterday and today, the edit summary field on
>> en.wp's edit page lost its "type=text" attribute.
>
> Is it causing any problems?

No, just a curiosity.

> It was part of some much-needed code cleanup I did to the editing page.

Okay, but beware: wpAntispam still does have the explicit
type="text", and there's a confusing welter of single and
double quotes among the type='hidden' fields. :-)

> You should note that bots *should not* be using the UI, as breaking
> changes such as this.

Oh, yeah, I know.  But it's an old bot, and it mostly works, and
I haven't found time to sit down and rewrite it to use the API.

> Even using the UI, you should use a proper HTML parser, not regexes
> (as I suspect you were using) to parse the HTML.

Don't worry, it uses a *ML parser.