Yes performance does improve a great deal as the browsers pre-fetch in
parallel.  Its definitely a long overdue feature for browsers :)
But it will still should be more efficient / faster to do one request
instead of many in parallel.  Even with parallel fetching the default in
the Firefox nightlies its 5 scripts at a time. So you still end up doing
a few round trips when you have a high script count.

--michael