2009/3/2 David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>:
> - is that a "yes", "no", "maybe", "reply hazy try again later" or what?

It's a "no". The support was below typical "rough consensus" support
by Wikipedia standards, but bolstered by Jimmy's endorsement. Since
Jimmy later committed to attempting to formulate a counter-proposal
that will receive more support, that is primarily what we're waiting
for right now. We're also open to the idea of him coming back to us
and re-stating his support for the original proposal, or another
community initiative that receives more support.

Erik
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation