2009/4/3 Håkon Wium Lie <howc...@opera.com>:
> I've spent the last few days analyzing Wikipedia's HTML code for
> images and captions. The current code is quite good, but verbose and
> it has redundancies. Here is a proposal that describes how to simplify
> and improve the code:
>
>  http://www.princexml.com/howcome/2009/wikipedia/image/
>
> The proposed solution reduces the number of elements from 10 to 6 and
> the code size is reduced by more than 50%.

Another point of criticism: the article seems to study thumbnails
(images generated with [[Image:Foo.jpg|thumb]]) exclusively. Images
without the thumb attribute are rendered differently (no caption, no
wrapper div, no magnifier icon), so you might wanna take a look at
those as well.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)