> Now, to be even more useful, database dumps should be produced on
> *regular* intervals.  That way, we can compare various measures
> such as article growth, link counts or usage of certain words,
> without having to introduce the exact dump time in the count.

On a related note: I noticed that the meta-info dumps like
stub-meta-history.xml.gz etc appear to be generated from the full history dump -
and thus fail if the full history dump fails, and get delayed if the full
history dump gets delayed.

There are a lot of things that can be done with the meta-info alone, and it
seems that dump should be easy and fast to generate. So I propose to genereate
it from the database directly, instead of making it depend on the full history
dump, which is slow and the most likely to break.

-- daniel