Hi!

> Why Google uses branching to such an old version? Aren't the fixed
> being backported to latest builds of 5.0.x (there was quite a time
> since
> 5.0.37).

Hehe, it was actually Google people who coined 'four oh forever' (a
nickname for our 4.0.40 build ;-), and now they refer to their build
as 'five oh forever' (probably rounding 37 to 40 ;-).
Once you run software and you do quite a bit of engineering on top,
you are not rushing to upgrade all the time :-) Oh, and they have
quite a team of people working on improvements.

> As for MySQL 6.0, maybe it's worth a dedicated Database.php class for
> the testing purposes..

Why? Current Database class works just fine.

Cheers,
Domas