On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Steve Summit<s...@eskimo.com> wrote:
> I don't know anything about link preview popups, but does the
> issue discussed in this thread:
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_desk/Archives/2009_June_12#.27Adult.27_picture_on_the_Help_Desk.3F
>
> indicate a buglet that could/should be fixed?  Should the preview
> code know about <nowiki> in a way that it currently doesn't?

If you're talking about something like Lupin's popups, that just
scrapes the page with no assistance from the software.  It most likely
uses a simple regular expression to grab the first thing that looks
like an image link.  It's not part of MediaWiki and the bug almost
certainly lies in it, not in MediaWiki or anything maintained by
Wikimedia or MediaWiki developers.  You should talk to the maintainers
of the popup tool you're using.