On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 21:07:01 -0400, Chad wrote:

> All,
>
> I had this idea cross my mind earlier today, but I got so tied up
> in meetings that I couldn't sit down and write out a proper e-mail
> until this evening. I was curious as to whether we think FlaggedRevs
> might be of use to Mediawiki.org, and if so, how exactly would
> we use it?

One issue on Mediawiki.org is that the help namespace is in the public
domain, intended to be mirrored for local use.  But if someone copies it
at the wrong time, they could end up pulling in all sorts of nonsense onto
their local wiki; someone fixing it after the fact won't help them as much.

So there really should be some way to copy the reviewed version of that
space, even if that's not the version that's shown by default, just to be
assured that you'll get good content, since in the help namespace that's
much more important that having things perfectly up to date.