On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Marco
Schuster<ma...@harddisk.is-a-geek.org> wrote:
> Public congresses, schools without protection for ARP spoofing (I got 0wned
> this way myself), maybe corporate networks w/o proper network setup... they
> all allow sniffing or in-line traffic manipulation.
> Not that uncommon attacks, and when you know the colleague you do not like
> is WP admin, you simply have to wait for him to visit WP logged in, and you
> have either his pass or the cookies.

Yes, I'm aware all this is possible in theory.  Even more trivially,
just set up a nice high-quality wireless hotspot and do whatever you
want with the traffic.  But do you know of any time this has
*actually* *happened*?  Where a malicious person has successfully
staged a MITM attack in the wild against a typical person using the
Internet, in the last decade or two?