I am setting up a testing environment for mediawiki and the first thing that
came to mind is testing new extensions against a "regression test
configuration". That raises the question of what should constitute such a
configuration. One issue is which extensions should be loaded.

There are over 2000 extensions in the mediawiki extensions matrix and 512
stable extensions. It would be impractical to run a configuration with all of
either class. So, I asked around and received a suggestion that at the very
least the extensions on the wikimedia servers should be loaded. I went to
http://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/ and copied CommonSettings.php. From it I
extracted 75 extensions that are used on wikimedia's servers. I list these
below.

A question for readers of this list is: should a regression test configuration
load only these extensions or should it load others? Another question is: what
other settings should define a regression test configuration.

Wikimedia installed extensions:

Timeline, wikihiero, SiteMatrix, CharInsert, CheckUser,
SpecialMakesysop, Makebot, ParserFunctions, Cite, InputBox,
ExpandTemplates, ImageMap, SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi, DoubleWiki, Poem,
PovWatch, AjaxTest, UnicodeConverter, CategoryTree, ProofreadPage, lst,
SpamBlacklist, UploadBlacklist, TitleBlacklist, Quiz, Gadgets,
OggHandler, AssertEdit, FormPreloadPostCache, SkinPerPage, Schulenburg,
Tomas, ContributionReporting, ContributionTracking, ContactPage,
ExtensionDistributor, GlobalBlocking, TrustedXFF, ContactPage,
SecurePoll, OAIRepo, DynamicPageList, Nogomatch,
SpecialCrossNamespaceLinks, SpecialRenameuser, SpecialNuke, AntiBot,
TorBlock, CookieBlock, ScanSet, SpecialCite, FixedImage, UserThrottle,
ConfirmEdit, FancyCaptcha, HideRevision, AntiSpoof, CentralAuth,
DismissableSiteNotice, UsernameBlacklist, MiniDonation, CentralNotice,
TitleKey, WikimediaMessages, SimpleAntiSpam, Collection, NewUserMessage,
CodeReview, Drafts, Configure, AbuseFilter, ClientSide, CommunityVoice,
PdfHandler, UsabilityInitiative

Regards,

Dan Nessett