On 7/27/09 10:03 AM, Robert Rohde wrote:
> Forgive me, but that seems like you'd be asking the community to do a
> huge amount of work (moving images and updating [[File:]] calls) in
> order to address a problem that could be solved on purely technical
> grounds.

There's no technical need to change anything; ***Google already knows
what our site looks like and indexes our image pages just fine since
years ago***.

We're just talking about what would look nicer going forward, which
would be to do things more sanely and not spam a file extension onto the
on-wiki page name when it's really not necessary.

-- brion