2009/7/10 Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com>:
> Seems you don't know the pipe trick. Type [[Lang:Project:Page|]] and it
> will be automatically expanded to [[Lang:Project:Page|Page]] on save.

Thank you Platonides!
I really didn't know this trick.

So, wouldn't be better to avoid duplication of long texts making
[[Lang:Project:Page|]] remains unexpanded on save (but still pointing
to "Lang:Project:Page" and showing the text "Page")?
Note that this is the behavior of [[/subpage/]] that generates the
same output as [[/subpage|subpage]] but not the same wikitext (and
this makes the wikicode more clear, so it is desirable).
This is more likely to be expected by the users:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Help_talk:Pipe_trick&oldid=197853113#You_live_and_learn.21
I mean, the wikitext is not supposed to change after we saves it...
(unless I use {{subst:...}})

Also, since the wikicode changes, it is _not_ likely the new wiki
users will found the syntax [[Foo|]] in the pages, so the only way
they could know the *trick* is to find the Help page about it. If the
[[Foo|]] were saved as is, this would be part of the syntax , not a
trick...

(a related link:
http://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Manual_talk:Interwiki&oldid=262478#Hiding_the_interwiki_name.3F)

Helder