On 2009-07-30, Brian wrote:
> The versioning interactions between mediawiki and its extensions are so
> complicated that it is simply not feasible to run the latest release while
> simultaneously using a variety of extensions.

Please can you explain more; last time I tried, branched versions of
extension generally worked with branched versions of MediaWiki?  If this
isn't the case then it should be fixed.

> Additionally, I strongly disagree with your definition of the code being
> used on Wikipedia as beyond stable.

Code in trunk is under development, that is what defines trunk - it
hasn't been tested to the same level as releases.  Although I think this
is case where everyone will have different opinions, I'm not sure of the
current official stance.

--
Robert Leverington
http://rhl.me.uk/