This is something of a hyperbole, it's true; my apologies.  Parser.php
itself has ~5,200 lines of code (total, including comments); combined with
the preprocessors (Preprocessor_DOM.php and Preprocessor_Hash.php, ~1,500
and ~1,600 lines), CoreParserFunctions.php (~650 lines), and the rest of the
'parser' related files in the /parser directory (~300 lines each), you get
around 11,000.  This is total lines, including comments.  ~3,000 executable
lines in Parser.php sounds plausible.

--HM