William Allen Simpson wrote:
> K. Peachey wrote:
>
>> Its https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/<LANGUAGE
>> CODE>/wiki/Main_Page so for you wanting the french one it will be
>> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/wiki/Main_Page
>>

> As it says on the insecure login:
>

> http://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sp%C3%A9cial:Connexion&returnto=Accueil
>
> "Pour plus de sécurité, il est possible de se connecter via notre serveur
> sécurisé (aide)."
>
> With the embedded link:
>
>    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/wiki/Special:Userlogin

I've noticed that images such as the sitelogo in the login page linked
above are still served via HTTP, even when going through the secure
server.  This causes Firefox to regard the whole page as potentially
compromised by unencrypted content, and it issues a warning message to
that effect.

Although the user can click through that warning, it would be much
better to have images served via HTTPS on pages from the secure server,
rather than habituating users into clicking through warning messages.

-- Neil