2009/8/5 Brion Vibber <br...@wikimedia.org>:
> Looks normal. Since your tag is opaque, the preparser can't descend into
> its contents for additional parsing.
>
> I'm not sure offhand whether we have appropriate interfaces already for
> declaring a tag hook at setup time as containing wikitext.

To clarify this possibly cryptic comment: the preprocessor sees
<foo>some crap</foo> and passes "some crap" to the rendering function
associated to <foo> without looking at it any further. It doesn't care
whether "some crap" contains additional tags or things that have
meaning in wikitext or whatever: that's for the <foo> handler to sort
out.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)