Le 11 août 09 à 22:03, Chad a écrit :

> To be perfectly honest, I'm of the opinion that tests/ and t/
> should be scrapped and it should all be done over, properly.
>
> What we need is an easy and straightforward way to write
> test cases, so people are encouraged to write them. Right
> now, nobody understands wtf is going on in tests/ and t/, so
> they get ignored and the /vast/ majority of the code isn't tested.
>
> What we need is something similar to parser tests, where it's
> absurdly easy to pop new tests in with little to no coding
> required at all. Also, extensions having the ability to inject
> their own tests into the framework is a must IMHO.
>
> -Chad
+1, we could maybe write our own test system that can be based on the
new Maintenance class, since we already some test scripts in /
maintenance/ (cdb-test.php, fuzz-tester.php, parserTests.php,
preprocessorFuzzTest.php and syntaxChecker.php). Porting tests such as
parser to PHPUnit is a pain, since it has no native way to write a
test suite that has a "unknow" number of tests to run.

Alexandre Emsenhuber (ialex)