On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Dmitriy Sintsov<ques...@rambler.ru> wrote:
> Some local coder told me that GIT is slower and consumes much more RAM
> on some operations than SVN.
> I can't confirm that, though, because I never used GIT and still rarely
> use SVN. But, be warned.
> Dmitriy

I'm not a git expert, but afaik Git was designed from the ground up by
Linus Torvalds to be *very fast*, even on large operations. It runs
the Linux project, so i guess it can't be *that* slow :)

Chad wrote:
> It's _ok_. The command line usage is pretty solid and I haven't encountered
> any issues there. The GUI interface sucks and is a complete waste of time.
There aren't any real good interfaces for SVN on Mac and Linux too.
Windows users are spoiled by having such a great app as Tortoise for
free. I guess most Mac and Linux SVN users simply learn to use the
command line, which isn't a bad thing at all.

-- Hay