On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Chris Down<asen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but simple shouldn't be locked into some sort
> of 'testing' agreement with enwp unless there is some sort of consensus on
> both sites, and I have little doubt that consensus will not exist for such
> an action.
>
> As I say, perhaps I am misunderstanding.

You're misunderstanding. I was suggesting making a copy, thus
"import", of simple instead of a partial copy of English. For testing
a copy of some wiki is required.  I'm personally quite happy testing
with a language I can't understand (avoids getting distracted reading
the text!) but many find it desirable to test with a language they
can.  Enwp itself is too big for a reasonable test import, but simple
is right-sized.

Seems my concern was moot in any case... Every time I loaded it I've
only seen trashed pages like this:
http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Melee

But I guess this is just a result of the import being incomplete.