Hi!

> If you know the costs so well, why is there a need to see if the
> foundation
> wiki buckles under the load during fundraiser time?

does it? is it really foundation wiki, that is on our shared cluster,
or is that separate donation site, which is entirely separate from the
system? If you talk about latter, I don't care, I was involved only to
fix embarrassing mistakes, and I don't know those costs. I do know
what runs on our main cluster, though :)

> I believe you have grossly misrepresented the capabilities of
> apachebench,
> and per your message it appears that you've never used it.

actually, if you checked our SAL, you'd find these entries:

        • 19:14 domas: xcache was both slower and less stable (got corrupted
cache within seconds, can we blame that on -O3? :))
        • 18:56 domas: (xcache is configured to have ttl of 600 seconds on
all php objects.. ;-)
        • 18:55 domas: installed php5-xcache on srv250 (manual comment in
apc.ini though...)

In here, between 18:56 and 19:14 I've been doing quite a bit of
'apachebench' ;-) Just so that you knew.

Cheers,
Domas