Steve Bennett wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Nikola Smolenski <smole...@eunet.rs> wrote:
>> Having said that, I don't see why would XML be necessary. Table and
>> template markup are well structured and could be used by any editor just
>> as XML would. Additionally, it is easier to observe diffs with wiki markup.
>
> Is it possible, currently, to define the types of parameters to
> functions? Can you include hints in them about what the parameter is
> for? Can you specify maximum lengths, or choose from a small number of
> choices?

It seems that we are talking about two different things here:

1) What would be the markup of template description pages, that will be
used to make template editing forms.

2) What would be the markup of a template call, that will be used in the
source of article pages to make actual template call.

Given that #1 is an entirely new thing, it can have an entirely new
markup. I see no reason for it not to be XML. #2 however should be kept
as is.