2009/10/8 George Herbert <george.herb...@gmail.com>:
> I have a Wikipedia OTRS ticket related to someone who keeps getting
> "Download this file" dialogs when they go to Wikipedia pages...
[snip]
> Has anyone seen behavior like this before?
[snip]

I have seen it happen a couple of times, on various pages.

I'm using Ubuntu and Firefox, various versions of both (ubuntu
versions available during past 2-3 years, and the versions of firefox
in the main ubuntu package repositories)

I've only seen it happen about 10-15 times in the past 2-3 years, so
it doesn't happen regularly enough for me to figure out what exactly
is going on. I can never reproduce when I want to.

I sometimes wonder if it's something to do with my connection being
interrupted, and the page partially downloaded (perhaps only part of
the headers?)

I really don't know much about this area though, so this is a stab in
the dark, and shouldn't be relied upon.

--
Regards,

Simon Walker
User:Stwalkerster on all public Wikimedia Foundation wikis
Administrator on the English Wikipedia
Developer of Helpmebot, the ACC tool, and Nubio 2 FAQ repository