"Bryan Tong Minh" <bryan.tongm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fd5886130910210324l409d2cc6m31831366ae4bb...@mail.gmail.com...
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Jan Luca <j...@jans-seite.de> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> ".$file."
>> \r\n\r\n";
>
> You do set your content-type to multipart/form-data, but your content
> is not actually multipart/form-data encoded. A multipart/form-data
> encoded request looks something like this:
>
> POST / HTTP/1.1
>
> --abc
>
> <FILECONTENT>
> --abc

What is the second "%s" in the above line?  Is this instead of having a
separate form-data element with name="filename", or is it a duplicate of
that element, or is it something entirely different?

I note that RFC 2388 says: "The original local file name may be supplied as
well, either as a "filename" parameter either of the "content-disposition:
form-data" header or, in the case of multiple files, in a
"content-disposition: file" header of the subpart. The sending application
MAY supply a file name; if the file name of the sender's operating system is
not in US-ASCII, the file name might be approximated, or encoded using the
method of RFC 2231."

If RFC 2388 says that the sending application MAY supply a file name, why is
the API treating this as a REQUIRED parameter?

Russ