On 2009-10-26, Siebrand Mazeland wrote:
> Forwarding a post with a call for developer rooms at FOSDEM 2010 (2010-02-06
> to 2009-02-07). Last year we made a request for a dev room and it was denied.
>
> A question and a proposal, in case the question is to be answered with 'yes':
>
> Q: Would we like MediaWiki to be present at FOSDEM 2010?

There are many European developers, and the success of the Berlin meetup
suggests doing something at FOSDEM would be worthwhile.

> P: I would like to try and make a proposal with other CMS projects (like
> Joomla, Drupal, Typo3, Wordpress, etc.) for a dev room. Reason for not
> applying for a "MediaWiki dev room' is that I expect that this will not be
> honored because it has too tight a scope. I spoke to one of the people of the
> program committee last year, and I was advised to find a broader scope.
> Alternatively we could request a dev room with other wiki engines (tikiwiki,
> docuwiki, etc.). Personally I have no preference on which projects we would
> cooperate with, just as long as we will make a proposal that will get us the
> best chance to have a presence at FOSDEM 2010. Open to suggestions...

I spent a bit of time discussing this with you and a few of the FOSDEM
staff a while ago and this seems like the best way to do it.

> Additionally, I would like a reply from people interested in coordination of
> the talks in this event. In case we would get a dev room together with the
> other CMS/wiki projects, I would expect that we would have slots for ~4 talks
> on MediaWiki, and possibly one or two talks in cooperation with the other
> projects on common problems/solutions/whatever.

I will be coming to FOSDEM '10 and am interested in helping to
coordinate talks.

--
Robert Leverington
http://rhl.me.uk/