On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Jeff Kubina <jeff.kub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help, but I'm still a bit confused about this case: in
> enwiki-20090714-stub-meta-history.xml the AmericanSamoa page has a pageId of
> 6; as shown below. But, in enwiki-20090914-stub-meta-history.xml it has an
> id of 23741520 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/AmericanSamoa>,
> with only the last edit history entry. So what happen? Is this an example of
> a delete, then restore with a new id? Why are the older revisions missing or
> does a restore only restore the latest revision?

I assume the Page ID answer lies with whatever the hell Graham87 was
doing here in July:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&page=AmericanSamoa

Also, if you use a URL GET, such as you have above, it only gives the
most recent revision.  You can uncheck the "Include only the current
revision" box at Special:Export if you want to get additional
revisions from the online form.

-Robert Rohde