On 12/10/2009 01:14 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> Do we have any time frame for flagged revisions on en:wp?

Especially on a project where previous expectations haven't been met,
I'm very reluctant to give dates without reasonably good data to back
them up. However, we're making good progress toward having a date.

Aaron is finishing exams this week, and will be joining us in San
Francisco next week. While he's here, we'll be meeting with the
usability folks to come up with final-ish designs that improve
FlaggedRevs usability and fit it in to the upcoming usability work. That
in hand, we'll make a list of all the remaining work and put some
relative estimates on it. From there we can build a release plan. As we
make progress along the plan, I can measure completed work and project
an actual release date.

Without data, the best answer I can give is "soon-ish, I hope". I expect
that the usability improvements won't be massive amounts of work. There
are performance concerns we should look at. There may be a show-stopper
bug that I want to either eliminate or prove nonexistent. Because the
next version should address a lot of the labs feedback, I'd like to do
at least one more labs release. We'd like to add some more statistics,
so we can have clear indicators of the effect that FlaggedRevs has on
en:wp. The major wildcard is patrolled revisions which are part of the
current proposal; I'll learn more next week, but my hazy understanding
is that will require a substantial amount of new work in the core.

I'll post an update here at the end of next week or early the following
week.

William