Roan Kattouw wrote:
> 2010/1/7 Trevor Parscal <tpars...@wikimedia.org>:
>> Hmmm... Not being able to distinguish the difference between a bug
>> tracker and a wiki based on the skins being similar is a point of view I
>> have a hard time understanding.
>
> Having read quite a few bug reports written in wikitext (which mostly
> doesn't work in Bugzilla, except for [[links]]), I would encourage a
> clearer distinction between the wikis and the bug tracker. I don't
> want to give people the impression that what they're reporting bugs on
> is really a quirky wiki variant: the bug tracker not only uses
> different syntax, but also has different policies, procedures and
> protocols.

It occurs to me that one option would be going the other way: the
CodeReview extension already seems to have about 50% of the features a
basic but functional bug tracker would need, including a couple of nice
ones that our Bugzilla currently lacks (like, you know, comment preview,
ability to use wiki markup and, well, code review).  Yes, turning it
into a full-featured issue tracker and project management tool would
take some substantial work, but then, switching to a new project
management tool and customizing it to fit our needs isn't quite a 15
minute job either.  Just something to consider... :-)

--
Ilmari Karonen