On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Peter Gervai <grin...@gmail.com> wrote:
..
> Wouldn't be nice. First, it's an attitude thing: we want (and have to)
> promote open stuff.
> Second, it isn't nice to show something to the users they cannot use
> themselves. It's kind of against or basic principle of "you can do
> what we do, you're free to do it, we just do it better" :-)

It will be a good idea to pass the memo to the guys that design the
notability rules.

http://ioquake3.org/2009/02/20/ioquake3-entry-deleted-from-wikipedia/

Since most (all?) opensource proyects are webonly, and don't get in
the press, are on some "obscure" area of the web where something can
be wildly popular for these in-the-know, and invisible for these that
edit and delete articles.

I mean, I can write a bot to nominate *all* opensource projects
articles on wikipedia for speedy deletion, and few ones (maybe 6) will
survive that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ioquake3

<<<<<<
Keep no matter how loud people and guidlines scream for reliable
sources, many, many people use it and work on it and that makes it
notable. If the press is not able to reliably represent this reality
it's not a fault of the project and reality is a higher standard than
reliable press. What do you need press for an Open Source project?
Just looking at the SVN log proves more than any article could ever
do. -- ioquake3 maintainer for the FreeBSD project

ℱin del ℳensaje.