Dear all,

I have done a scan of our current bugzilla settings, and there are 45 or so
named extensions that are currently present in the MediaWiki Subversion
extensions/ folder without a maintainer. Instead, the default maintainer is
used for new issues (wikibugs-l at lists.wikimedia.org). This decreases the
changes that the reported issues will ever get any attention.

I would like to call upon you to adopt an extension.

If you want to adapt an extension and current have:
(a) commit access: please e-mail me your Bugzilla e-mail address, and I will
add you as a maintainer and assign existing open issues to you trusting that
you will address them properly.
(b) no commit access: please e-mail "commit-access-requests at
wikimedia.org"[1] to request it. Once approved, do as in (a) above.

Would also appreciate information about any extension in this list that may be
obsolete on MediaWiki trunk; this will allow us to tag it in trunk and remove
it after branching the next MediaWiki version.

Cheers!

Siebrand

[1] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2010-February/046741.html

List of extensions used by Wikimedia without a Bugzilla maintainer:
* Cite  The Cite special page and parser hook extensions.
* CodeReview    CodeReview extension for SVN post-commit review.
* ContributionTracking  Fundraising information tracking/display frontend.
* ExpandTemplates       ExpandTemplates extension
* Makebot       Special:Makebot extension
* Makesysop     The Makesysop special page extension.
* MediaFunctions        MediaFunctions extension
* Newuserlog    The Newuserlog extension.
* Nuke  The Nuke special page extension.
* ParserFunctions       ParserFunctions extension
* Quiz  Quiz extension for MediaWiki
* ScanSet       The ScanSet parser hook extension.
* SiteMatrix    Wikimedia site matrix
* texvc         The texvc module which renders <math> formulae.
* WikiHiero     The WikiHiero (hieroglyphics) extension.

List of extensions without a Bugzilla maintainer:
* AskSQL        The AskSQL special page extension.
* BackAndForth  The BackAndForth extension.
* BadImages     Bad Image List extension
* BotQuery      The bot query API (query.php)
* ConfirmEdit   The ConfirmEdit CAPTCHA extension.
* Contributors  Contributors extension
* CountEdits    CountEdits extension
* CrossNamespaceLinks   The CrossNamespaceLinks special page extension.
* Desysop       Desysop extension
* DismissableSiteNotice         Dismissable Site Notice extension
* DoubleWiki    The DoubleWiki extension.
* DynamicPageList       DynamicPageList extension (not DynamicPageList2, which
is not in use at Wikimedia)
* DynamicPageList2      Dynamic page list. Two!
* Editcount     The Editcount special page extension.
* Espionage     The Espionage extension.
* Eval  The Eval special page extension.
* FCKeditor     FCKeditor WYSIWYG extension.
* FootNote      FootNote extension
* GIS   The GIS extension.
* Glossary      Glossary extension (not maintained in Wikimedia SVN)
* Highlight     The Highlight parser hook extension.
* Nogomatch     The Nogomatch logging extension.
* PageCSS       The PageCSS parser hook extension.
* Patroller     Patroller extension
* RandomImage   RandomImage extension
* Sort  Sort extension
* Spam Blacklist        Spam blacklist extension
* Tasks         The Tasks extension
* Throttle      The Throttle extension.
* UsernameBlacklist     Username Blacklist extension
* UserRightsNotif       UserRightsNotif extension
* WhiteList     WhiteList extension