Ariel Glenn wrote:
> I understand it's aggravating to people who didn't get notice;
> let's look forward.  PLease just add the UA header and your tools
> / bots/ etc. will be back to working.  Thanks.

Well, sorry, no, it's not quite like that.  A few of us -- though
I fear an inconsequential minority -- are concerned that this is
a destabilizing change, being made in a hurry, by a top-10 website,
with consequences that aren't easy to predict and (apparently)
haven't even been thought about.  The more of us who "just" go
along with it, the less the consequences will be thought and
talked about, and the more they'll be further hidden, and made
inevitable.