Farkas, Illes wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Many thanks for all your work with Wikipedia, we use it daily for various
> tasks and in our research on Wikipedia.
> ("we" = a subset of a research group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
>
> I just managed to wget the history
> dump enwiki-20100130-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2 a week ago, and I would like
> to combine this with status information about users. Do you happen to know
> if the status (admin, steward, bot, etc.) of all users has been logged for
> enwiki? In what way would this be available for download and
> for non-profit basic research?
>
> Thanks,
> Illes

You need to download user_groups.sql.gz
The left value of the pair is the <id> entry in <contributor> The right
one, the goup he belongs to.

Note however that you can't have a complete
enwiki-20100130-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2 from a week ago, since it
hasn't finished yet.
Most likely, your dump is incomplete (you can resume it).