On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Tisza Gergő <gti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a MediaWiki feature or external tool to get a live feed of Commons
> file
> uploads? (By live I mean something that can be used to show a realtime
> slideshow
> of new images. I vaguely remember someone saying that the WMF office has a
> screen with such a slideshow.)
>
> If there is no such thing, what would be the best starting point to write one?
> #commons.wikime...@irc.wikimedia.org?

Well, there's an IRC channel that has just the image uploads
(freenode: #commons-image-uploads), and there's also the full IRC
recent changes feed (irc.wikimedia: #commons.wikimedia).

As for the office screens, I've heard about regular RC visualizations
and featured-picture slideshows, but I'm not sure about upload ones.
It shouldn't be too hard to implement if they already have
RC/featured-picture slideshows.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023