Hey all,

I wanted to change the "cite" extension to have some extra functionality.

As citations have gotten more common, I've noticed an emerging use case
where people will copy and paste text from wikipedia to HTML-enabled
tools such as email clients or IM clients to share information.
Unfortunately, those citation links just link to anchors on the page and
don't provide anything useful when copied/pasted. Appending the full
page's URL to those links would take like 20 seconds, make them
functional, but would add extra markup to every page.  Anyone have any
other good reasons why we shouldn't do this?

-Nimish