On Mar 19 2010, Platonides wrote:

>Zeyi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Firstly, congratulations for this! as i Know it has taken for a long
>> time!
>>
>> and May I ask a small question: what difference between current dump and
>> history dump. I know current one only includes current edits, and history
>> one has all edits as introduction said.
>
>You have explained the difference perfectly :)
>
>> More specifically, how different
>> shows on one article? Can anyone explain it in detail, please?
>
>It doesn't "show" the article. It's just a really really large bunch of
>wikitext separated by xml tags.
>It is shown by a tool. If you just wwant to read the articles, you don't
>need histories.

What I mean is that if the current dump show there are 30 edits under the
particular article name, and history dump show there are 100 edits under
the same article. what's different between these 30 and 100?

If i say that the current dump can explain how the current articles
established from different edits, is that correct?