There's another discussion happening at enwiki at the moment about the
stalled rollout of RevisionDelete for admins; which is backed up in the
chain of bugs which boils down to "our deletion mechanism is borked".

Reviewing the whole deletion mechanism was on the topic list for the last
dev meetup, but AFAIK despite that event running for three times as long as
it was expected to, it never got raised?  I think this would be as good a
time as any to do so.  Do we have any clear idea or overall plan for page
and revision deletion, the archive table, a page_deleted field, a
deleted_page table, etc etc??

--HM