Von: wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] Im Auftrag von Dan Nessett
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Mai 2010 20:08
An: wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Betreff: Re: [Wikitech-l] Selenium testing framework

On Sun, 02 May 2010 02:20:06 +0200, Markus Glaser wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> at the Wkimedia Developers' Workshop, I introduced a Selenium testing
> framework for MediaWiki. Since it has now been promoted to
> maintenance/tests,  I have provided some initial information it on
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/SeleniumFramework . I would be very
> happy about comments and ideas for further improvement. Also, if you
> intend to use the framework for your tests, please let me know. I will
> be happy to assist.
>
> Regards,
> Markus Glaser
>
> __________________________________
>
> Social Web Technologien
> Leiter Softwareentwicklung
> Hallo Welt! - Medienwerkstatt GmbH
>
> __________________________________
>
> Untere Bachgasse 15
> 93047 Regensburg
>
> Tel.  +49 (0) 941 - 56 95 94 - 92
>
> www.hallowelt.biz<http://www.hallowelt.biz/>
> gla...@hallowelt.biz<mailto:gla...@hallowelt.biz>
>
> Sitz: Regensburg
> Handelsregister: HRB 10467
> E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833
> Geschäftsführer:
> Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser,
> Dr. Richard Heigl, Radovan Kubani
>
> __________________________________

Hi Markus,

Despite my initial problems getting the Selenium Framework to run, I think it
is a great start. Now that I have the PagedTiffHandler working, here is some
feedback on the current framework:

+ When I svn up ../tests (or any ancestor directory), the local changes
+ I
make to RunSeleniumTests cause a local conflict error. Eventually, many of the
configuration changes I made should appear in LocalSeleniumSettings, but it
isn't clear that is possible for all of them. For example, I change the
commented out set_include_path to include my local PHP/PEAR directory. Can this
be set in LocalSeleniumSettings?
Another difference is the include_once() for each test suite. Is it possible to
move these into LocalSeleniumSettings?

+ It appears there is no way to tell RunSeleniumTests to use a selenium
server port other than 4444. It would be useful to have a -port parameter on
RunSeleniumServer for this. For example, if there are multiple developers
working on the same machine, they probably need to use different selenium
servers differentiated by different port numbers.

I don't mind working on both of these issues, but since you are the original
architect of the framework, it is probably best for you to comment on them
first and perhaps suggest what you consider to be the best approach to their
resolution.

--
-- Dan Nessett