2010/6/13 Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com>:
> 1) iw_trans - I don't think this needs to become more than a
> boolean like it is. If we allow transwiki inclusion, we'll have
> to use a DB or API connection. Since a DB connection will
> always be preferable to an HTTP request to the API, it would
> be safe to use the existence of a db name as an indicator to
> use it, else fall back to the API.

I agree with this: direct DB access is always better.

> 2) iw_dbname / iw_api - You could probably combine these into
> one column. It could store a value like "dbname=abc;api=http://foo.com/etc";
> which would be loaded and split when the Interwiki object is
> constructed.

I think this is ugly. There's plenty of other cases in which we're
just using separate fields like we're supposed to. Although I don't
foresee any problems with cramming this stuff into one field, I would
prefer putting them in separate fields.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)