Hi,

I have been working on getting asynchronous upload from url to work
properly[1]. A problem that I encountered was that I need to store
data across requests. Normally I would use $_SESSION, but this data
should also be available to job runners, and $_SESSION isn't.

As I see there are basically two ways to get a data store. The first
is to store the objects in the DB using wfGetCache( CACHE_DB ); I'm
not sure though whether it is meant to be used this way.

Alternatively I could revive my staged-upload work. In this branch,
all so called stashed uploads, uploads that require user intervention
before they can be completed have their meta data stored in the
database instead of in the session. That would be still quite a lot of
work though.

Or is there any other mechanism to be able to share data between the
jobqueue and requests?

Regards,
Bryan

[1]