2010/8/4 Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com>:
> You seem to assume that when a template changes it is enough to update
> page_touched.
> You also need to purge the squids
Yes, Squid purges need to be done as well. Good catch. Fortunately,
the interwiki table can tell us exactly what each page's URL is.

> and create the needed jobs to rerender
> those pages
This is not needed: pages are automatically rerendered when first
viewed after page_touched is updated.

> (and the pages that include those, you will probably store
> the final inclusions on all superpages, so there shouldn't be issues there).

Because globaltemplatelinks would be transitive, like templatelinks,
that would not be an issue, correct.

> We are having more and more global uses. We should have a global
> namespace mapping so that each global table doesn't need to copy the
> namespace names just for display.

Maybe, but that's not easy. Storing the namespace name sounds like an
acceptable intermediate solution.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)