*Context:*
I'm creating MssqlInstaller class and working on getting it integrated with
the New Installer. MS SQL uses the default superuser account 'sa' instead of
'root', so I initially assumed setting
MssqlInstaller::$internalDefaults['_InstallUser']
= 'sa'; would override the default set in CoreInstaller (generally specific
overrides inherited defaults, no?). Following the trail of
DatabaseInstaller::getVar() through its setting of defaults, I now see that
this is not the case, that inheritance of this kind is the opposite of what
I would expect.

*
*
*TL;DR:*
getVar() chain in Installer classes values general arguments over specific
ones

*
*
*Ideas:*

   1. I could just name my _InstallUser field something else
   2. Remove the effective CoreInstaller::$internalDefaults['_InstallUser']
   = 'root'; argument and set that default in each of the
DatabaseInstallersub-classes
   3. Address a way to have inheritance behave in such a way that the
   Database classes could override $internalDefaults set by the
   CoreInstaller

Ryan Biesemeyer
http://twitter.com/yaauie