On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Mark A. Hershberger <m...@everybody.org> wrote:
> Markus Glaser <gla...@hallowelt.biz> writes:
>
>> 1) Where are the tests located? I suggest for core to put them into
>> maintenance/tests/selenium. That is where they are now. For extensions
>> I propse a similar structure, that is <extensiondir>/tests/selenium.
>
> Sounds fine.
>
> In the same way, since maintenance/tests contains tests that should be
> run using PHPUnit, we can say that <extensiondir>/tests will contain
> tests that should be run using PHPUnit.

I would prefer moving them to a subdirectory of /tests/. As we hopefully
amass more unit tests, keeping them in the top-level will get a bit
confusing when trying to distinguish them from supporting code (shared
setUp and tearDown code, the bootstrap stuff, etc)

Something like /maintenance/tests/unit/ to mirror /maintenance/tests/
selenium/ would make the most sense.

Consistency and thinking ahead is nice :)

-Chad