Artur Fijałkowski schrieb:
> 2010/8/19 Daniel Kinzler <dan...@brightbyte.de>:
>
>> 2) extra channels that include full text, diffs, etc? UDP is a limiting
>> factor
>> here. Alternative transport from PHP to the bridge process?
>
> Named pipes? Of course only if PHP can keep named pipe open in
> persistent mode. I'm not sure if this is easy or even possible at all
> ;)

Never done much with these, but woudn't they get confused if multiple php
processes accessed a named pipe at once? also, can a named pipe be connected to
a tcp stream? Hm, I guess the letter could simply by done with cat my.pipe |
socat tcp:...

Otoh, I don't think opening the pipe for every edit (not request!) would be
prohibitively expensive. Might be a possibility. Actually, XMLRC already
supports writing to a file, so no change to the extension would be needed at
all.

-- daniel