On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM, lampak <llam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not looking for code to autopromote to any arbitrary groups - just
> the two: editor and autoreview. Can't it be re-hardcoded then?

Sure, if someone wants to do it.  It'd be pretty easy.  But it would
require code changes, not just configuration.

> BTW, maybe they have reinvented the wheel, but the new wheel clearly
> works better.

All the more reason that it should have been implemented as
improvements to the preexisting system, so that all groups could take
advantage of it.  The core system has advantages too, mainly being
much more flexible -- arbitrary anding/oring/xoring/nesting of
conditions, and easy extensibility.  Plus, well, it can actually be
used for groups other than 'editor'.  :)