On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Trevor Parscal <tpars...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Over the past couple of months, Roan Kattouw and I (Trevor Parscal) have
> been working on a JavaScript and CSS delivery system called
> ResourceLoader. We're really excited about this technology, and hope
> others will be too.

Awesome!  Now maybe our front-end code won't be absolutely horrible.
If only browsers supported some way of debugging minified code sanely
. . .

> What do you want from me?
>
> . . .
> * Enthusiasm!

I'll stick to this, since I've never done too much front-end work.  :)

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM, church.of.emacs.ml
<church.of.emacs...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Cool! There have been many complaints with the introduction of Vector
> that Wikimedia sites are taking longer to load, hopefully this will be
> fixed soon. :)

That's mainly due to JS execution time, isn't it?  A resource loader
won't speed up page loads much if at all on a hot cache, so this
probably won't offset that.