Hi everyone!

My Google Summer of Code is finished, but the code I have written for
the interwiki transclusion is not yet ready to be merged in trunk.
Some optimizations have to be made and some little issues are still to
be discussed.

The main remaining question is: should I use a separate DB or a shared
table to store the GlobalTemplateLinks table? [1]

Following the advice of my mentor, Catrope, my code is currently using
a separate DB (which name is stored in $wgGlobalDatabase) since it is
the mechanism used by CentralAuth and it is very simple for users to
set it up.

Platonides thinks that I should be using a shared table, since my code
is not an extension. However, a disadvantage of shared table is that
currently, adding a shared table in $wgSharedTables will force the
user to share the users table, which is not always wanted.

I have further developments to accomplish on my code concerning
database tables (such as creating a GlobalNamespaces table to store
the distant namespaces names). I would like to solve this issue first,
so that I don't have to rewrite everything later...

Can you please provide your opinion about this?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

[1]
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Peter17/Reasonably_efficient_interwiki_transclusion