On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> So, 1.16wmf4 and 1.16 shared the same branch point, which was perhaps
> the start of a tradition.  Is this the new rule?  I don't have a
> strong opinion about whether that should be the case, but it does
> change how I think about 1.17 planning.

I would strongly recommend this. Having a running MediaWiki on a top
10 site is a very good form of quality control. And this way we are at
least sure that code is pushed to the WMF serves on a regular
interval. (Although I would prefer a shorter interval, I'm not sure
whether this is feasible at this moment)

Bryan