Hi everyone,

I'd like to make everyone aware of this new open position:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings/Bugmeister

The goal for the person hired to this position is to sift through the many,
many bugs we have in Bugzilla, and surface the ones that are most important
for everyone to focus on.

We're looking for someone who understands our editing community and
developer community, and isn't intimidated by Bugzilla or its trappings.
 However, we're *not* looking for someone with 10+ years of development
experience.

We think this is a really good entry-level position for someone who is eager
to work with Wikimedia Foundation and is interested in the technical
problems, but isn't (yet) suited to be a developer or other more technical
role.  This position represents a great opportunity for someone interested
in learning the ropes here. That said, we want to make sure we hire someone
who is going to stick with it for a little while, rather than get bored
after a month or two and wander off to do something else.

We imagine this person is going to be responsible for running community
triage discussions, updating fields in Bugzilla, helping update our bug
filing documentation, and helping members from our editing community file
quality bug reports.  We want someone who really wants to do a fantastic job
with this for a year or two before moving on to other roles.

If you're interested, please apply! (and let me know that you did)  If
you're someone who hangs around on this mailing list, IRC, etc, please make
sure to point that out in your cover letter, along with the id you use
around these parts.

Rob