On 2010-11-02, Rob Lanphier wrote:
> We'd then pick off the keywords as we step through the process (e.g.
> once it's reviewed, remove the "need-review" keyword).  We could then
> generate three queries to get us the three queues I alluded to above:
> 1.  Issues with all three keywords.  These are features that someone
> would like to see deployed and launched, but needs to be reviewed
> first.
> 2.  Issues with "need-deploy" and "need-enabled".  These are
> extensions that have been reviewed, but need to be checked into the
> production branch
> 3.  Issues with "need-enabled" only.  These are extensions/features
> that just need action from ops.
>
> Does this make sense?  If so, I'll add the keywords and start
> documenting the process and retrofitting existing feature requests
> into this system.

This sounds like a good idea, however I think it would be better to
only use a single keyword per state - and as each state is completed
it is replaced by the next keyword.  Otherwise you cannot just do a
keyword search for "need-enabled" or "need-deploy" and find just the
ones that can actually be processed.

Additionally, since this system seems to be targetted at extensions, I
think it might be more intuitive to have them labelled as such, i.e.:
 - extension-need-review
 - extension-need-deploy
 - extension-need-enabled
Currently I believe the need-review keyword is used for patches that
need review aswell as extensions, so using a conflicting namespace
could become confusing.

Finally, some extensions have a bug report open purely for their
review and several open for being enabled/deployed - so this might be
a good time to consolidate extension review/enable bugs.

Robert