On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ResourceLoader does this based on the &lang= parameter passed to it
> when grabbing the CSS. Static dumps wouldn't be affected as long as
> they use one language consistently and fetch the CSS through RL.

If they're running ResourceLoader, they're hardly static, are they?
The idea is that you shouldn't have to run PHP to get a working static
(possibly partial) copy of a wiki's content.  Before ResourceLoader
the CSS and JS was a nonissue, since that was just static files, but
that's no longer the case.  Whatever script generates static dumps is
presumably just creating them with no working CSS at all anymore,
which is bad.

I don't think this should be too hard to fix, though, if someone cares
enough to do it.  Whatever script makes static dumps should just get
ResourceLoader to output one CSS file that contains everything that
could be needed, probably with no JS (unless there's some JS static
dumps will actually want that I can't think of), and include that
statically.