I wish to do some MediaWiki hacking which uses the codebase,
specifically the parser, but not the database or web server.
I'm running on Windows XP on an offline machine with PHP installed but
no MySql or web server.
I've unarchived the source and grabbed a copy of somebody's
LocalSettings.php but not attempted to to install MediaWiki beyond
this.

Obviously I don't expect to be able to do much, but when I try to run
any of the maintenance scripts I get no output whatsoever, not even
errors.

I was hoping to let the error messages guide me as to what is
essential, what needs to be stubbed, wrapped etc.

Am I missing something obvious or do these scripts return no errors by design?

Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail)

--
http://wiktionarydev.leuksman.com http://linguaphile.sf.net